In response to a complaint made by Major General Suresh Sally, the head of State Intelligence Service (SIS) regarding Britain’s Channel 4 video, the British electronic media regulatory office, Ofcom has started an investigation, a report said.
Channel 4 recently released a program regarding the Easter Sunday terror attack alleging that the Director General of the State Intelligence Service, is complicit in the attack.
The Major General has informed the British Electronic Media Regulatory Office that the Channel 04 TV has deliberately broadcasted the video with the aim of embarrassing him, even though he had previously given proper answers with evidence to the allegations.
Mr. Pasan Weerasinghe, the lawyer of Mr Sallay, said that the British Electronic Media Regulatory Office informed that investigations have been started regarding the relevant video.
Lawyer Mr. Pasan Weerasinghe mentioned that before the release of the relevant video, Channel 4 had inquired about the allegations from Mr. Suresh Sallay on August 7th.
Mr. Weerasinghe further stated that Mr. Sallay has given a written notification to the channel the very next day stating that he denies all the allegations and that he was not even in Sri Lanka during the alleged period.
Source- Colombo Page